Unlike many commercial mulches or chip products, Tea Tree Mulch does not draw moisture away from where it is needed, overheat surrounding plants, does not contain weeds, seeds or chemicals breaks down fairly quickly to feed your plants. After removing existing weeds, a 75mm – 100mm coverage is recommended application.
Tea Tree Mulch
- Contains a wide variety of plant nutrients (nitrogen, phosphorus and potash) which compost down to enrich the soil.
- Inhibits weed growth, yet is highly absorbent, allowing water to freely penetrate.
- Reduces need for watering as its natural qualities enhance moisture retention.
- Enriches the soil and stimulates fast growth of plants and crops.
- Worm friendly to improve soil structure.
- Free of chemicals, weeds and seeds.
- Has a natural feel, look and colour to enhance your garden.
- Provides a better matting effect when spread.
- Normally lasts up to 12 months.
With droughts frequent across the Australian landscape soil water management can be critical.
Overall people are now much more aware of the value of mulching to optimise the water reaching the garden bed, the retention of moisture in the soil and controlling run-off.
Mulching can prevent evaporation from the soil by up to 70 per cent. The break down of organic mulch also releases nutrients into the soil to maximise fertility whilst increasing good micro and macro organisms within your soil improving your soils health and structure which delivers the best sustainable growth for your trees, shrubs and plants.
Using water more efficiently can result in significant cost savings and environmental benefits.
The use of sustainable products to promote growth and reduce water waste is a priority for all.